Sunday, October 23, 2011

LJAL Overload

This weekend was a double header for Sam.  We had Cheerfest on Saturday and A game against the Falcons on Sunday.  Sam had opted out of the competition.  There were a bunch of factors that went into that decision but the end result was a much happier cheerleader. 

The Livonia Orioles took #1 for the cheer routine and #3 for the Pom Pon routine.  We couldn’t have been happier.  My one mistake, and it was a biggie, was not having Sam in uniform.  I was afraid it would get dirty with her just sitting there and we still need to cheer the next day.  I was not aware she would be able to go on the floor during awards for medal presentation or pictures.  So my daughter was the one not in uniform.  She was very happy and so proud. 

On Saturday Sam had her last game of the season.  She wants it to be her last day ever.  I need to figure out how to get her re-involved.  She really enjoys it while she is doing it.  I think the intensity of the cheerfest practices got to her.

After the game Sam and I went to Taco Bell and then off to do our weekend shopping.  As we were heading to Kroger Sam said, “Jason doesn’t know what he’s missing.”  (Jason was at uncle roger’s this weekend.)  I asked her “Why?”  Sam explained, “I haven’t tasted your food for like, two days.” 

Kids say the darndest things.

(For the record I made dinner on Saturday night.  It was chili dogs and Sam made butt music all night long.)

No comments:

Post a Comment