Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday

On Saturday Sam had cheer for the Orioles vs. Blue Jays game.  This is the first time I remember Orioles fans being outnumbered.  Even when we are on the road we tend to fill the bleachers with screaming fans (parents).  We do a really good job supporting our kids.  The Blue Jay folk’s evidently do the same.  It was their Family Day so it took longer and the stands and field were filled with Blue Jay crap.  (Yes I am biased.  I am not a real journalist.)  Sam did a great job. Now she likes to find me in the stands and make sure I participate in the audience participation parts.  Usually I am busy yelling at the game.  I do try and make a special attempt to watch the girls when they cheer as this is why I am there.  I do look odd as one of the few guys yelling “Orange and Black!” from the stands.  It is tough, when I see a tackle get broken out of the corner of my eye and one of the players making a break for the end zone, to stay focused.  
I was cheering for the football players at one of the games and a lady in the stands asked if that was my son.  I calmly told her “No, my daughter is a cheerleader right there.”  I am very proud of my daughter and her progress as a cheerleader; I just like watching the games too.

No comments:

Post a Comment