Friday, January 7, 2011

Stuff

So New Years Eve ended up being pretty comical.  10 seconds after midnight my daughter asks me if she can go to bed now.  I wasn’t the one keeping her awake in the first place but hey, who am I to argue?

The new sitter is working out well.  The kids love having Sarah W. babysit and get bummed when she has to return to school.  So Sarah R. had some pretty big shoes to fill.  I think she is filling them out just fine.  Of course it’s only been a couple of days.  We will see how quickly my two can make her run for the hills.

Monday I went to empty the dishwasher and they were clean-ish.  I looked again and noticed the bottom of the dishwasher filled with water.  It decided not to drain anymore.  My sad little dishwasher died.  I change poopy diapers, wipe bugger encrusted noses, wipe up baby vomit, clean dog messes of every kind and just keep chugging along.  I draw the line at dishes.  I hate washing dishes.  I hate, hate, hate washing dishes.  So I went on craigslist and typed dishwasher and, bam!  I found a dishwasher.  Nice lady who used it more to hold wet dishes since it was just the two of them.  Sam had an appointment on Thursday so I swung out and picked it up.  Works like a charm.  

It is the little victories I hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment